Home • Bibles in Your Language • Site Map
Local Ethnic Church Network
The name and vision for the Ethnic Harvest grew out of a network of ethnic churches in the Seattle area who met twice a year for fellowship, strategizing and encouragement.
If you have a heart for cross-cultural ministry, why not organize an Ethnic Harvest-style meeting in your city?
The simple, 3-hour meeting format we followed in Seattle typically included:
- 30-minute presentation of the Ethnic Harvest vision, and an update on recent events and local demographics (often based on statistics from local school districts);
- 20-30 minute presentation by a church which has an effective ethnic outreach which can serve as a model to others;
- 20-30 minutes devoted to a ministry topic, such as a discussion of which seminaries offer courses in foreign languages;
- Several 15-minute interviews with local ethnic pastors. We find it works well to have the event moderator interview each pastor, asking questions about their background, their ministry, and how other city churches can assist them; and
- Plenty of time for networking among participants.
Many positive outcomes came out of the gatherings:
- friendships among pastors and workers from different area churches;
- coordination of resources and programs to serve international students, recent refugees and others;
- research leading to a better understanding of which ethnic groups have settled in our community and their needs;
- a directory of ethnic churches in our area;
- encouraging each other in the work of the Lord.
For more information, read:
Mission and Vision of Ethnic Harvest
Creative Ministry Ideas
Ethnic Harvest site map
Copyright © 2015 Ethnic Harvest. All rights reserved.